Thursday, February 18, 2010

Here we go again!!

ok....I was on a roll. Then just as I round that corner of feeling great, the crappy cold bug makes its way into my overworked system. I know that it was just telling me that my body wasn't used to the workouts and eating right and it was going to show me. Well...it did. I got sick last Wednesday. Started in the throat...worked its ugly way into my head and sinuses...then took a trip to my lungs where it has stayed. Every cough to get this nasty stuff out sent pulsating pain to my ears and head. So....the dilemma was this....do I cough and hurt....or do I not cough and try to get rest. As you might know....it is tax season...so to keep my marriage in tact.....I slept on the couch...coughing and tossing for the last week. I now feel better but still have the last bit of hacking up my lungs at night. So...diet and exercise? ummm it has been non-existent. And...(sorry Sherry) I had a diet Pepsi to burn the nasty flem out of my coated throat. I believe that stuff is acid. It burned all the way down but cleared a path. Don't worry...that is the only one I will have. It was like Drano for the pipes. Still managed to lose a pound though!! Stay tuned....

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Lisa-
I was just reading back through some of my old posts, and I found some of your comments and clicked through to find this blog. Good for you for working on your health. Are you still sugar-free? I have a couple of great recipe books that I love. I have to change the recipes around sometimes to make them healthier, but they are still great (In Season is really good for veggie recipes!).

Also, my grandparents raise cattle so I have some grass-fed beef if you ever need more. We are selling for $2 a pound to cover our costs. We have also been amazed at all the different ways a cow can be cut!
Brooke